Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Squirrel gumbo, anyone?

Remember the crazy, demon squirrels that ate the face off my jack-o-lantern?

They are back.

A few weeks ago, I was very proud to finally hang up a birdfeeder in my backyard. It was one of those projects that I just kept putting off, and I just about let the birds go hungry all winter.

Over the next few days, I kept such an eye on the birdfeeder that Dave accused me of turning into an old person. Finally, there was a noticeable amount of birdseed gone.

Then, I saw the culprit. The next day, the rodent had torn off the bottom part of the birdfeeder so all the seed was on the ground. Then, the demon stole the bottom of the feeder. A few days later, I was shocked to see the squirrels were actually eating the plastic on the birdfeeder.

I started to take it down and throw it away.

But on second thought, maybe the plastic will kill them. I'm curious to see if they will eat all of it.

But if they mess up my elaborate garden plans this summer, oh baby, it's on.

No comments: