Friday, March 13, 2009

Everything I need to know about life, I learned from Slumdog

Everything I needed to know about life, I learned from "Slumdog Millionaire".


1. Life isn't fair.

2. Don't take your shoes off at the Taj Mahal.

3. There's always hope.

4. Children are resilient.

5. Don't buy bottled water in India.

6. People can be really mean. I mean really, really really mean.

7. True love exists.

8. The older brother isn't always right. But sometimes he does the right thing.

9. If you want to squeeze through a big crowd at a fast pace, you might try what Jamal did to get an autograph. But I don't recommend it.

10. The third Muskateer is Aramis.

11. People do really stupid things over religion.

12. The strange guy with an accent who calls my house might say he's from my street, but that's really the name of the row where he sits in a Call Center.

13. But Call Center people have their own waiter.

14. Bollywood endings are catchy!

15. Jai Ho means "victory" or "may victory be yours" or "hallelujah".

16. We are very lucky to live in America.

17. The movie deserved every award it got.

1 comment:

staci d. said...

I'm with you on #1-17 of your list. Especially #9. I have tried it, and I can recommend it.. (just kidding) Jai Ho!!