Monday, March 1, 2010

Ready and Waiting

The nursery is finished. The clothes are washed and in the drawers. The thank you notes are in the mail. The baby book has been started. Casseroles are in the freezer. Housework has been caught up. Our bag containing stuff for new mom, dad, and baby is packed.

We are 10 days out from our due date and as ready as we'll ever be.
Here's a quick tour of our super-small nursery, which is right off our room upstairs in our house.

Our mobile for the moment is Dylan the Duck, which of course, came from someone at my station as a shout out to Bob Dylan. Dylan is surfing, since the couple was gracious enough to pick up a shower gift for us on their honeymoon in Hawaii. We have lots of ducky things.



The book came from my shower in Arkansas, and is called "N is for Natural State." It goes through the alphabet with different Arkansas factoids, like R is for Razorback, S is for Soybean, W is for Watermelon, J is for Scott Joplin, etc.


If you've talked to me for any length of time, you know my nursery colors are muted red, sage green, denim blue, and sage green. I sewed details for the nursery out of a fabric called "beach umbrella." I sewed up a crib skirt, reupholstered a chair, and recovered baskets. Since every gender neutral theme out there revolves around an animal, I created my own--stripes and dots.
The crib is a gift from Memaw and PopPop Schwartz. Our walls are actually a warm color called Cozy Cottage, which don't show up well in pictures.

Here's our cloth diapers, soft bums.

And the baby's first pair of Nikes, courtesy Aunt Jenn.

And finally, our reupholstered glider and our packed bag.







2 comments:

Mitzi said...

I love, love, love the bedding and chair!! And I must find that "N is for Natural State" book, so cute! Can't wait to see pictures of the new little one - and learn a name. Get ready for the best thing ever!! :)

Adrianne said...

I am SO excited for you! You are so close! I can't wait to see if you are having a girl or boy. You are going to make the best parents! I can't wait to follow along on your adventures! The nursery is precious!!