Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Maternity photos

While I'm not sharing any big naked belly pictures, I'll happily share these. I'm not sure who came up with the idea of snapping photos of women in all their pregnant glory, but I can't imagine anyone being okay with this as recently as 40 years ago.

Dave and I are pretty particular about photography... well, actually I am. When we saw this photographer's website, we jumped on board for our newborn pictures and decided to throw some maternity shots in the mix too.

We are glad we did.

Shannon came to our house and snapped shots of us around our bedroom and nursery, and will do the same when our baby comes home. It's going to be hard to narrow down the field.

4 comments:

Mitzi said...

Oh wow! Wish she was closer, those are wonderful! :)

Unknown said...

You're not very big in my opinion. Are you tall? Maybe that's it. I like maternity pics but naked belly in a cornfield is bothersome! These are nice.

I can't wait to find out the sex. I hope it's a wonderful surprise!

Mary Downey said...

Gorgeous! You look so amazing! :)

Adrianne said...

Oh come on, you are supposed to have pics of your belly... It is to remember what it looked like when your beautiful baby was in it. My belly shots are still in my boys rooms and I look at them in the evenings when I tuck them into bed...