Saturday, February 27, 2010

Flat Stephanie comes to visit

Have you ever heard of Flat Stephanie and Flat Stanley? I've come across a few, but this is the first project that I got to undertake on my own.

The Flat Stanley project generates from a book that kids read in class. Then, they are encouraged to write a letter, draw/color a Flat Stanley/Stephanie, and then send it to a friend or family member that lives out of state. The idea is for the recipient to snap a few pictur
es of Flat Stephanie around town and then mail it back. I think it's a good project for the classroom that combines english and social studies class.
My cousin Olivia is in
second grade in Arkansas, and sent us her Flat Stephanie. We took a few days to show her what Minnesota is like in February.

Dave took her to the Wild game and then to the Vikings practice facility.


I took her walking on a frozen lake.
We then stopped by the notable Minneapolis places:
The Mall of America, the cherry spoon.

And finally, a quick shot outside of our house to show her the massive icicles that have
been forming. I think she had a good time, but was glad to get back to warmer weather!


No comments: