Friday, October 30, 2009

This one's for the family

Here's one for the family: the baby at 21 weeks. I signed up for one of those online updates that tells you what's going on with your baby week by week. Every week, the emails describe the baby's development, but the descriptions always come as different vegetables. One week the baby was a heirloom tomato. Another was a bell pepper. This last week it was as long as a carrot. I wonder how long they can keep this up. We could still size up as cucumber, zucchini, eggplant, rutabaga.....

The baby was very active during the ultrasound, and kept stretching out his or her legs. Several times we guessed it was a boy...other times, no a girl. Check out the picture and see what you think. It does look like frog legs, doesn't it?

We could see all 10 fingers and all 10 toes.



2 comments:

Mitzi said...

Oh wow!! Congratulations! (I currently have a spaghetti squash! LOL! Not to spoil the excitement, but that's week 22. :)) I love that you're not finding out the sex! That's very exciting and tough! We thought about that for about a minute, but we were weak! So glad to hear that you're feeling well now! I'll be anxious to read your updates!

Unknown said...

I hope no one comes along who can read that and tells you what sex it is and spoils it for you.

I feel very paranoid/protective of the suprise factor!