Monday, July 6, 2009

The switch to Apple...


I am now the owner of a Macbook. As an online instructor, I've been watching the laptop sales and promotions for quite a few months as my laptop is a throwback from 2001, which is a dinosaur in technology terms. I've spent hours at coffee shops and libraries making the class work--so my student's excuses of 'my computer went down' never quite flew with me. Find a way.
Dave and I drove back and forth from a big box PC store to Apple on Friday, and we came home with a Macbook Pro. The video editing capabilites ultimately won us over. I was also impressed with the address book that should make Christmas Card labels a snap. (It's the little things, right?) Dave was more impressed with the free I-Pod Touch that came with the education discount, which he commandeered.
On the drive home, I was honestly more nervous than I was on my wedding day. What if we spent that much money on something that we can't use very well? What if it's too hard to use? What if it doesn't last that long? We'll see.

4 comments:

Mary Downey said...

You will NOT be disappointed! : ) MACS are the best in the world! The only thing I would check out is if it does work with WebCT... Otherwise you have a computer that is going to last you a VERY VERY long time!

karlyn, troy, and bryson said...

Lol! Troy and I are right there too... My ole HP throwback is finally giving us the "screen of death" lol. I guess yours was a 01 grad school purchase too, huh? Let me know how you like the mac.. I'm sure were gonna go with a cheap seats style from office depot or something. Blah. I do everything from my iPhone anyways.. So it will basically be troys myspace checker only. Lol... I just can't see dropping a couple grand for that!? ;)

Unknown said...

Macs are the BEST! I've had 2 and they both have had long lives. The one I'm typing on Right now has never had a major issue and it's a handful of years old. Knock on wood. Apple stuff all the way, babe!

Unknown said...

Welcome in from the rain. I moved back to mac in 2006 and wonder why I ever stopped using them after college.

You guys will love it