Friday, January 9, 2009

Living Vicariously

I meant to blog about these last year, but didn't get to... so here's a toast to two of my friends who are living out their dreams.

Cheers to Julie--

I went to school with Julie at HSU. We actually did a semester together on the debate team and served on Panhellenic Council together (I think...Julie, is this right or did I dream this up?). Now, she's living out a dream working in fashion in New York City. She's quite the artist and showed off her talent on the Martha Stewart Show --actually teaching Martha how to make a type of necklace. It's really saying something to teach Martha. Julie is a huge fan of all things Martha, and she said the experience was great. Here's to another small town Arkansas girl :)
Kudos to Carrie--
She landed a job this year working in a producing and assignments capacity at ESPN. I went to school with Carrie at Syracuse. She produced in Michigan for a few years longer than she wanted, but she finally got the job she wanted. I'm so happy for her. Carrie is a big Red Sox fan, and she sent me a picture with then-catcher Doug Mirabelli. She says she has this picture framed on her desk at ESPN. The other picture is of Carrie and her mom on a visit. Here's to another Newhouse grad :)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're living out YOUR DREAMS! I'm so amazed by you. Especially that old-timey recreation stuff in the snow. You are tough!

I was actually on Martha almost 2 years ago! 2 years ago this month.

I was an Oral Comm. major for 2 minutes but we were on Panhellenic together and I feel like DZ's and AZD's were like "Sister sororities" so we were in that together!