Saturday, March 22, 2008

I'm dreaming of a white Easter... ....

All week long the weather teased us.

In the beginning of the week, the ice started breaking up and the Minnesota started clearing:
By midweek, temperatures were still in the 30s, but the sun had made a big difference in the landscape. The river cleared and the snow left behind a muddy mess. Our bald eagles took full advantage of the weather, and you could often see groups of 3 soaring above the river. It's truly a beautiful thing to see. Animals were out and about. Here's a groundhog who let me get close enough to take his picture:




Then, Spring came. And left us more than 6-inches of wet, sticky snow . It's perfect for snowmen, which is different than usual. Most of the snow so far has been too powdery. I guess, considering the season, you could make a snowbunny?Kids all over the Metro area are hunting eggs today in the snow. It's definitely a different Easter. At my Grandmother's house, we cousins played softball after the eggs and Easter dinner. I'd be safe to bet that won't happen here. I hope the snow goes away soon, but there are several people here who are actually sad to see the snow leave.






To wax corny......I'm dreaming of a white Easter... Just like the ones I've never known.... where the treetops glisten... and children listen... to hear the Easter Bunny in the snow...


No comments: