Sunday, March 6, 2011

Jack's first First Birthday

When you have family planted in several locations, sometimes you are lucky to have more than one birthday celebration. When I made a quick weekend trip home over President's Day weekend, Jack celebrated his first birthday with his great-grandmother, who was having an actual birthday on that day.
Usually trips home involve quite a bit of planning....texting and calling people to let them know when I'm coming home. I had a very busy few weeks leading up to the visit, so I made zero plans. However, a few family members and close friends decided to make all the arrangements for a party. I was very touched by the decorations and the overall effort.

The party was fun, the food was good, and we got some nice gifts. Jack didn't seem that interested in the cake, but he was very interested in all of the other kids and a few of the noise-making toys.











No comments: