Friday, February 11, 2011

I won a party...

Did you know you can win a party and host one every week?

As a consumer reporter, I've seen these promotional parties mentioned on coupon blogs and money saving websites rather frequently. I've even applied to win a few of them. You can check out www.houseparty.com to sign up to host a party featuring DiGiorno pizza or Charmin toliet paper. Zattarans is hosting a big one right now for Mardi Gras.

Well, I won one. A Coffeemate party. When I found out I won, I had to email invitations within three days, I had to host a party on Free Flavor Friday and and I had to hand out free Coffeemate coupons. Since I won a bistro baking party, I had to bake something too. I got loot like a free silicone pan to make heart-shaped muffins, a Coffeemate apron, a nice leather recipe binder, recipe cards, instant coffee, powdered Coffeemate, and of course coupons for free Coffeemate. We drink A LOT of Coffeemate in our house and considering I won't have to buy it for another 6 months...that's pretty cool.

Why do companies do this? It's an interesting marketing technique that tries to take advantage of word of mouth. If you invite some friends over and share your experience with a particular brand, that message will probably mean a bit more than a random television commercial or magazine ad.

My coworkers sure appreciated the early morning breakfast, coffee, and break.... I got to bring in a local expert and talk about promotional parties.... and we got free stuff. What's not to like?

1 comment:

Mitzi said...

Me too! :)
I saw this post and thought it was interesting. So I checked out the House Party, and applied to the DiGiorno and a few others. The DiGiorno party is to be in a couple weeks! :)