Saturday, November 13, 2010

Jack's First Snow

The forecasters predicted it, but I didn't quite believe them. Late Friday night, a wet, slushy snow started to fall. By the time Jack woke us up for good at 6:30 am, snow had covered the yard and started to accumulate in the road. It wasn't windy, so it was that pretty snow that piles up on the trees and makes everything look beautiful. Our backyard definitely looks better covered in a pretty white blanket.

Jack's snowsuit was too big, but before I went to a work training, I put him in it to let him experience the snow. He was very blase' about it. He took it in, but seemed to care less. He thought me cleaning snow off the car was much more interesting.
Two things I found very ironic: When I started the car, I heard the song "Let it snow" on the radio. Then, I started driving...slowly...in the falling snow to a place that happened to be featured on a PBS Special, "Minnesota's Deadliest Blizzards" this week.

1 comment:

Laura said...

How fun! I think Jack, though, might grow up to find the Zamboni more interesting than the hockey game (don't hit me).