Thursday, September 2, 2010

Nominated x 5


The Emmy nominations came in and it's good news!

12 News is nominated for 5 EMMYs! (My name is on 3 of them ;) The winners will be announced on September 25 and Dave and I are planning on attending the ceremony. I think some of us are going to do it up like it's the prom or something... fancy clothes, fancy dinner...but maybe leave the awkwardness of prom at home.

Here's how it stacks up:

Best Cable News Feature Segment: Hair Dye for Haiti
Reporter: Alexandra Renslo/Photographer Dustin Scholl

Best Series: 12 News Money Savers
Reporter Shannon Slatton/Photographer Roger Larson
(I was the 27th entry and the field was cut to 5 who were nominated....it's an open category, so I'm up against KARE and Iowa Public Television! I am absolutely THRILLED just to get the nomination here.)

Best Edited News Magazine Program: Cold Cases
Producer/Host: Lisa Furgison/Photographer Ben Kroll

Best Edited News Program: Logged In: Social Media Sensation
Producer/Host: Shannon Slatton / 12 News Staff

Best Live Cable Newscast: 12 News
12 News Staff


Now to the really important stuff..... what to wear?

No comments: