Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Long time, no Blog

In the history of my blog, I've never taken a hiatus quite like this. Yet I did, and the blogging world went on blogging without me. I'm pointing fingers. The Jack above is completely to blame. But like an addict, one hit of a smile, and we're ready to go again.

I worked on a morning show shift for 3 years in Louisiana. (I got up for work normally at 1:45 am. And was generally supposed to get home around noon...but you know how that went.) It's time my husband refers to as the zombie years. I could fall asleep anywhere, at any time. I was known for going on 15-hour plus sleeping stretches. Some weekends all I wanted to do was sleep, eat, and sleep again.

The more tired I got, the crazier things I would do. Once while going home, I stopped at all the green lights and didn't understand why people were honking when I drove through the red lights. I didn't quite realize what I'd done until I got home. I'm curious just how much I would've argued with a cop if I'd been pulled over.

Now, I'm back in that reduced sleep fog. I put milk away in the cupboard instead of the fridge. I discovered a pacifier in my shirt when undressing for bed, and I have no recollection of how it got there. I have bizarre conversations with my husband that include mostly 'go there, get that, no that other thing. The thing by the that.' I somehow can fall asleep while feeding Jack on a straight-backed hard chair and not realize I'm dozing until I wake up 3 hours later. (A shout-out to my dedicated WordsFree players. That iphone keeps me from dozing off more than you know.)

In new mom/baby class at the hospital, Jack is the youngest baby by a few days.... and he's the only one NOT sleeping through the night. So, we're more dedicated now at finding that perfect sleep pattern that will give us shut eye too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome to motherhood. I hated those days! Remember sleep does come I promise!!!