Monday, September 14, 2009

Summer at the Landing

Slow summer days at the Landing have dwindled away.

I worked on and off out at the historic site all summer. Working both weekend days really made the summer go by quickly. For the most part, it was pretty slow as we fell into the same low attendance trend as other museums all across the country. The slow days gave me the perfect chance to catch up with friends and read a few good books. Honestly, it gives me a chance to get away, be outdoors, and sometimes, relax.

My camera died, so the only picture I have to show for the summer is this one, of Rich sitting behind the Berger cabin whittling. Rich is a fun character who has been doing this thing for a long time. He plays a Southern sympathizer sometimes, and told me I could even come out with the militia and play Scarlett.

I told him I would think about that tomorrow...

No comments: