Thursday, September 24, 2009

New Digs

The new and improved Channel 12 studio is only two weeks away from completion. With monitors galore, new lights, and a big projector....it's something any station would be envious of. Today I got to have my turn sitting in the seat and listening to the explanation about the state-of-the-art lights that are different from the old school TV lights.
I was exhausted and it was a pony-tail kinda day... but did my best to pay attention to the explanation of chin lighting... we actually have a chin light. The explanation could've been summed up simply with "don't touch this."

The guy sitting next to me is my news director and our anchor, Mike. He's entralled about chin lighting too. What you can't see is my chair actually rests a mere inch or less from the edge of that stage. Some newscast in the future one of the reporters will wheel themselves right off the edge of it, I'm sure. No amount of chin lighting will change that, but I'm sure our production crew will keep that tape around to torment us about it. It will happen, I'm sure of it.








See how the light underneath the nest changes colors? It's blue there... red below?
More to come.... (Hey Karlyn... recognize the necklace?) Someone was snapping lots of pictures here, so I thought I'd share.
No, really, all sarcasm aside we are very excited about the new set. Chin lighting and all.

No comments: