Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween at the Landing


With stars shining and pumpkins glowing, it was a great weekend for Halloween at the Landing.

Visitors at the Ghostwalk got to walk through the lamplit village to hear about various 1800 traditions associated with the curious or the dead.

We had a fortune teller with a curiousity shop and also Victorian-era seance and magic show.


We showed how people would pay respects to departed souls in the homes of the dead.


A wise woman mixed potions to cure illnesses or to attract love or perhaps good fortune in today's times.



The 5th Minnesota set up camp and told ghost stories around the bonfire.
I was a prairie ghoul, who lost my baby on the wagon train coming west. I have to say I failed miserably at this. I'm not good at scaring people, and I really don't like doing it. My compeition was immensely better at screaming and spooking. Anytime I started to scare anyone, I would just start laughing and they would hear me coming. There's no room for a friendly ghoul on the prairie. I'll have to work up a better bag of tricks for next year.




No comments: