Sunday, November 27, 2011

Yummy birthday

This is what I look like most days while trying to keep up with my little live wire. He likes to try absolutely everything and you never know what he will do next.

On the night before my birthday, he wanted to stay up, play, and then watch Thomas the train around two a.m.

He got up later and threw his breakfast across the room. And later ate part of it off the floor. When he decided to take a bath, he pooped in the bathtub.

And that was before 10 a.m. Happy Birthday to me. I spent the day packing, keeping kids, baking for the trip, and fielding happy birthday phone calls and texts, which I really enjoyed. Dave gave me something off my kitchen wish list. At some point in the middle of laundry, I reminded myself it was my birthday.

I got a fabulous birthday cake--which I don't get every year--when I got to New York. (and presents too :) Jack tested out the candles and then helped blow them out. Perhaps as you age the small things like phone calls and cakes mean the most.

Jack wouldn't slow down to eat cake, but he did coined a new phrase on my birthday which I love. "Yum-my Mom-ee"

No comments: