Monday, December 13, 2010

Thanksgiving with family

It's hard to get a baby to take a nap when you are home visiting family. Usually, we put Jack down for a nap and he might cry for 3-7 minutes, but then he's out. Families just can't let a baby cry for that long, and that's why Jack is staring out the window at the dog with Uncle. They stared until Jack and Uncle both fell asleep.

I flew home for Thanksgiving which was a birthday gift. It is truly amazing how much more often family wants to see you after you have a child.














Here's a picture of my immediate family, sans a few family members. We had Thanksgiving a few days later so everyone be there. Thirty-three people came to dinner and most were related or practically so. There wasn't a spoonful of chicken & dressing left.





Jack spent quality time with his cousin, Camryn, especially after she lost the bow.Her big, red bow was way too distracting and Jack wanted to eat it.

It was a short visit, but one that we spent mainly at home with family in warmer temperatures surrounded by food. We're headed back for Christmas, and hoping for more of both.


1 comment:

Mitzi said...

Oh my! Precious picture with Jack and your Uncle! I know exactly what you mean about family not letting the babies cry, not for a single minute, "now there's just no need for that!" LOL! Wait until he's older and does something that warrants a time-out, or form of punishment!! My Nanny told me once "He doesn't have to get in trouble for doing that here" and my Dad left the room!! I said "Where were you people when I was young??"
Also, it's not that family wants to see YOU more, it's that you are the driver of the most important person now!