Friday, January 8, 2010

It's a niece!


I started to put "it's a girl" in the title, but I didn't want to mislead the audience.

Dave and I will welcome our first niece in the world in early June. Jessica and Craig found out this week that they will be having a little girl. Since Jess and I both have cousins fairly close in age that we probably treat more as siblings, one of our first discussions after the news was that we'll repeat the pattern with some close-in-age cousins. Distance will be a challenge, but when together they'll be playmates that will be in the same grade, go through the same stages, and hopefully like each other. And that's a special thing.

1 comment:

Adrianne said...

You got me all excited! It is hard having cousins far away but it so fun to see them playing together when they come to visit!!!