Sunday, December 6, 2009

Annoying Christmas Carols

What's the number one Christmas song that annoys you?

I've been asking several people this question since the Christmas radio stations starting playing yuletide tunes 24/7. Here's what I've found:

4. Christmas shoes: While it has a wonderful message, it's downright depressing. Especially when you play it between Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer and White Christmas.

3. Last Christmas I gave you my heart by Wham: Let this song die, please.

2. Elvis Blue Christmas: Elvis is Elvis and he's the king, I know. But hearing this song repeatedly makes me compare him to a hound dog.

1. Feliz Navidad: I know you are making an effort to be cross-cultural, but do we really have to hear this song once an hour? It's like bad Mexican food. Please, Kwanzaa musicians, if you come up with a song make it bearable because it will go in the mix too.

I tried to come up with a number five to be all well rounded, but I didn't really find any consistent answers. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Adrianne said...

I have one!! And I am so totally excited for the two of you and the baby on the way and the fact that you included this blog on your Christmas card!! I have missed you soooo much!!

Here is my annoying Christmas song for you!

Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer!!!

Laura Kellerman said...

You have inspired my web poll today :) Lovely card!

Dave and Shannon said...

I love "Grandma got run over by a Reindeer"! They NEVER play it up here.

Darrell said...

All the "Christmas" songs that are not Christmas songs, like "Winter Wonderland."
"Jingle Bells" is not a Christmas song. Find me a reference to Christmas in there.