Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Year Three

Did you know that Sunflowers are the anniversary flower for your third anniversary? I didn't. I didn't even know there were symbollic flowers for numbered anniversaries. Gifts, yes. Flowers? okay.

But Dave had a nice bouquet of sunflowers waiting for me by the coffee pot this morning on our third anniversary.

An internet search will report a couple of different flowers to commemoriate your third year. But the sunflower says it best. The sunflower means a "devout admirer" because the flower's face follows the sun from sunup to sundown. "Representing strength, warmth, and nourishment--all attributes of the sun itself--the way in which the sunflower follows the sun symbolizes deep loyality and constancy."

Dave tells me I portray him as a bumbling oaf or a lethargic idiot sometimes on this site. He's really neither, but instead just really easy to pick on sometimes. So, I wanted to post a positive note to say how much I appreciate his thoughtfulness, sincerity, and kindness on our third anniversary. He's a keeper.

No comments: