Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Revenge of the Homecoming Queens

Sometimes I can't help but be a stereotype. I went home for Homecoming and a special homecoming queen reunion. I left with guns. More on that later.
It was truly one of those *good* reunions where you run into all the right people and none of the wrong ones. It was great to catch up with friends, classmates, teammates, and more.


Here I am pinning my cousin, Kala, who was homecoming queen 3 years after me.

Her daughter Rhealee got to carry the queen's crown this year. I was surprised she didn't get too shy to come out. A few years back, Rhealee became extremely shy of Dave and I. She wouldn't come near us, and we couldn't figure out why. One day when she and Aunt Kay pulled up in front of Aunt Peg's house, Rhealee wouldn't get out of the car. She asked, "Are Shannon and Dave here?" Aunt Kay said, "No, Rhealee, they went back to Louisiana." Rhealee asked, "Did they go back inside the TV?"

No wonder the kid was scared. She's not scared anymore, but she was a bit nervous during her walk. She was very pretty, but we always think so.






















I was going to be all ambitious and scan a homecoming picture from my year as queen, but I didn't. I had so much baby-fat on my face then... maybe sometime.
But my favorite quote of the night came from my cousin Mark, "Wow. Father time has NOT been kind to some of them."

1 comment:

Mary Downey said...

"Did they go back into the tv?" Best line ever! I love it! : )