Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Kala Rhea's getting married!

There's a party in the works in the big D! A source confirms Delight gossip is true--longtime couple and family favorites Kala Martin and Josh Campbell are newly engaged and planning a wedding before the year is out. Both are kind, thoughtful, family-oriented, and genuine. So, we are all thrilled.

Kala (pronounced Kayla) Rhea is my first cousin, but more like a little sister in so many ways. Being only three years younger than me, she tagged along more than my own sister, mostly because of age and proximity. When I was a kid, this meant she always got a mandatory invitation to my slumber parties and when I started driving, she always got a ride to school. And, she was proud of it too-- we always had to drive around the student center so everyone could see she was getting a ride to school with an upperclassman. Kala and her sister stayed with us afterschool more often than not. I remember helping Kala with a speech once, while she insisted on turing cartwheels, because they just helped her think better. Despite the logic in that situation, she's a very smart girl.
As we grew up, we became closer and we became friends. People compare us--both Delight athletes, both homecoming queens, both honor students, and both undeniably related to the Slatton clan. She was in my wedding, and I can't wait to help her with hers.

But, of course, given the name.... we're all left wondering....Will Uncle Glen be coming to the wedding?

No comments: