Friday, December 9, 2011

Breakfast at the country club

We are not country club people.

But there's generally a few events each where where we inevitably find ourselves at a country club. The Junior League's Breakfast with Santa is one such event, so early on the first Saturday of the month, we put the kids in their Christmas outfits...the clothes that happened to be purchased by their Jewish grandmother.....and set out for the country club.

While we were walking up the hill to the entrance, my heel broke. See, I told you we weren't country club people.

Since we arrived during the latter part of the starting time and the room was a rather tight squeeze, we had to search around for a table. We squeezed into one. Jack ate. Evie slept. As we ate, Jack grew bored. We ate faster. Then, we got in line to see Santa.

Jack could've cared less. When we reached Santa, Jack was more concerned with walking around and not with sitting on anybody's lap. As he struggled against containment, he got mad and started rolling around at Santa's feet. The person who I asked to take a picture of us, asked me what to do...I said go ahead and start snapping.We released Jack and he kept walking around and looking at things. We gathered our gear and ushered him toward the door. As we left, another friend offered to snap a family picture by a Christmas tree. Jack didn't want to be contained here, either.After paying for an overpriced breakfast, we left hungry. We scrambled to the car, broken heel and all, driving away with a sigh of relief and affirmation of why we don't really belong at a country club.

2 comments:

Elementary Escapades said...

You guys look great!!

Adrianne said...

Looks like things are going well!! I have a pic of me and the boys with Santa because one of them refused to sit with him and I ended up in the pic. I looked AWFUL because I was NOT planning on being in the pic!! Oh the memories!! I loved your Christmas card! I miss you dearly but love ready about your adorable family!! Enjoy all the little things because before you know your kids will be 9 and 6!!