Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Good Minnesota BBQ....it's possible!

I have found good BBQ and it is in Champlin.

Word got around among fellow work foodies that a BBQ place in Champlin was really tasty....so tasty that it was going to be featured on Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.

We knew we had to get there before the episode aired, because after DDD hits a place, it usually gets way too busy.

So, we set out to meet up with the crew in the far, far North Metro. The food did not disappoint. There was a line at the counter from the time we got there to right before we left. The owner smokes the meat out back and claims to have inspiration and experience from Memphis and Kansas City. You can pick different kinds of sauces which range from Espresso to very Vinegar-y. I would have this BBQ pegged for more of the North Carolina/Tennessee type than KC... but it was definitely worth coming back for more.

My only complaint is they hid the tea in the back of the joint. So if you wanted a refill, you had to ask, they took your cup, and they had this long process of bringing it back out to you. I like tea and I generally like a lot of it... so I thought this was rather bizarre....the episode on DDD was rather short, but I'm sure they've got all the biz they can handle.

No comments: