Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy 50th to Bonnie!

Happy 50th Birthday to my friend Bonnie, who celebrated in high style last weekend in Shreveport. It was a disco party, and I got to help from afar by doing the invitations. It looks like it was a blast. When the paper covers your event, I guess you know you are really somebody.

But, she is.
I met Bonnie while covering a story in Shreveport. She and her husband, Stuart, got me involved in Rotary Club. Bonnie has an admirable sense of community service and wholeheartedly lives out the 4-way test of Rotarians. She and Stuart are fun friends that Dave and I enjoy being with. I could always count on a smile and a chat--and maybe even pizza--if I dropped by their business any random afternoon on Kings Highway. We miss them for the fun and the good advice they would dispense if asked.

Happy 50th, Bonnie!

No comments: