Thursday, July 3, 2008

Down at the River

During our visit home, I got to introduce Dave to our swimming hole on the Little Missouri River. This is on my grandfather's land, and my father and his siblings swam here as kids.





Many a summer day my family and cousins wound pack up a watermelon and head to the river in the pickup. The dirt road to our hole winds through sloughs, woods, and pine tree plantations. From the many float trips on inner tubes to the rope swing to jumping off banks and logs, we have lots of memories here. I remember in particular Luke & I getting in trouble once for leaving Kala alone on the jump off bank for a long time. We didn't do that again, and it wasn't too traumatizing because she came back. Simple, cool summertime fun in the country.





















1 comment:

Mary Downey said...

Many a summer I also swam in this river ... I really miss the Little Mo ...